At the consultation in February, we presented more detailed plans for a new academy building and improved sports facilities on the site, as well as for new homes to fund the redevelopment.
The benefits of the scheme include:
• An improved sport offer on site: delivering a new four court sports hall as well as new multi-use games areas.
• A purpose-built building for the Cambridge SEN School: creating improved facilities for children with special educational needs and facilities which could be used by the wider community.
• An enhancement of Phoenix Farm; providing new signage, with improved access and entrances with space for the farm to ‘spill out’ into a new public street lined with planting, shrubbery and trees.
• Much needed homes for the borough that will fund the project and deliver excellent education facilities for Phoenix Academy. These will include family sized and affordable homes.
We will shortly be holding a fourth and final consultation to display the plans ahead of submitting a planning application to the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham in late June. Given government guidance in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19), this will be taking place in a virtual format. More information on this will be sent out closer to the time.
Should you have any questions in the meantime, or would like any further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch via:
• Phone: 0800 368 7592
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: https://www.phoenixacademy.org.uk/ourfuture
• Post: Consultation, Phoenix Academy, The Curve, Shepherds Bush, London, W12 0RQ
SECTION 77 CONSULTATION
In order to enable our development of the new academy building, sports facilities and other community facilities, we are planning to self-fund the enhancement of our school through the building of new homes on the site. Since this project involves the reduction and change of use of ‘playing field land’ (as defined in the School Standards Framework Act 1998), Future Academies has an obligation to obtain consent from the Department of Education for the proposals. This is known as a ‘Section 77 consultation’ and is separate to the planning application for the wider academy proposals, which will be submitted to the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
We are consulting specifically on the reduction and change of use of ‘playing field land’ until 12th July 2020. If you wish to comment on this, please fill out the below comment form and return it to us via the email or postal address above.