We have now held three consultation events on our plans for the future of Phoenix Academy and how we can work together to best enhance the learning environment of the school. On behalf of Future Academies, we would like to express our gratitude towards all the staff, students, parents and local residents who have attended and given their feedback at the events in February 2020 and October and July 2019.
At the most recent consultation in February, we presented more detailed plans for the new Academy building and improved sports facilities on the site, including new homes to fund the redevelopment.
The benefits of the scheme include:
- A new Academy building: providing contemporary and high quality secondary and sixth form facilities which the children have missed out on in the past
- A new building for the Cambridge School: creating improved facilities for children with special educational needs
- A celebrated and improved Phoenix Farm; providing new signage, with improved access and entrances with space for the farm to ‘spill out’ into a new public street lined with planting, shrubbery and trees
- An improved sport offer on site: delivering a new four court sports hall as well as new Multi Use Games Areas
- Much needed homes for the borough: creating new 1 – 4-bedroom homes to fund the delivery of excellent education facilities. As much of these will be allocated for affordable housing as possible.
The consultation on our plans is ongoing, and we have used the feedback received so far to help us shape our plans going forward.
We will therefore be holding a fourth and final consultation to display the plans ahead of submission in late March, and invitations to this will be sent out closer to the time.
Should you have any questions in the meantime, or would like any further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch via:
- Phone: 0800 368 7592
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.phoenixacademy.org.uk/ourfuture
The information panels that were on display can be accessed below.