Reports to: Assistant Headteacher
Responsible for: Ensuring that language is not a barrier to learning
Start date: April 2018 or later for the right candidate
Salary: Competitive (Inner London)
Roles included: EAL Co-ordinator, Morning reading teacher
Closing date: 16 March 2018
To contribute to developing Phoenix Academy into an outstanding school by ensuring that all students at Phoenix can access a challenging and academic curriculum and ensuring that all staff have an awareness of language acquisition.
You will share in the Future Academies Trusts belief and vision that with the right teaching every student will reach their full potential and that schools serve their families and the local community as well as their pupils.
A Future Academies employee is:
- Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment
- Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care.
- An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
- A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
We can offer you:
- Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
- Free breakfast and lunch each day
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy pupils
- The chance to help rapidly improve the most important school in London
- Access to the Trust Future Leaders programme and multiple leadership development opportunities
- The expertise and support of senior leadership and colleagues across the Future Academies Trust
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
Please visit our website www.futureacademies.org or www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to download further information and an application form.
Please email a letter of application outlining why you consider yourself suitable for the role and the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phoenix Academy, The Curve, London W12 0RQ
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.