Head of Geography
Closing date: Thursday 25th May, 2017 at 10:00am
Start date: September 2017 Salary: TLR 2c
Phoenix Academy, part of Future Academies, seeks a subject specialist passionate about Geography to join our team and lead the Department on its journey to excellence. At Phoenix we believe in the centrality of subject disciplines to Academy life. We do not blend or merge subjects and we do not have teachers teaching out of specialism.
We don’t want to make teachers jump through hoops or submit intricate lesson plans; we just want you to be a subject expert who wants to ensure that every pupil you teach falls in love with your subject and develops an appreciation as to how Geography can enable you to make sense of the world around you.
At Phoenix Academy we are developing a culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students. We are at the beginning of our improvement journey and are looking for the right candidate to strengthen our team. Phoenix is a dynamic and demanding school and one where students and staff are exceptionally well supported.
The ideal candidate will share in the Future Academies Trusts belief and vision that with the right teaching every student will reach their full potential and that schools serve their families and the local community as well as their pupils.
You will be immersed in the emerging science of learning and demonstrate outstanding teaching that allows both students and the Academy to realise and reach their full potential. You will receive high levels of support and coaching and be allowed to develop into a highly reflective and effective leader.
A Future Academies teacher is:
- Passionate about their subject and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
- Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment.
- Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
- Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care.
- Equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
- An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
- A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
We can offer you:
* Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
* The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy pupils
* Excellent CPD focused in outstanding teaching and learning
* Access to the Trust Future Leaders programme
* The expertise and support of senior leadership and colleagues across the Future Academies Trust
* An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
To apply: please visit our website www.futureacademies.org or www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to download further information and an application form. Please email a letter of application outlining why you consider yourself suitable for the role and the completed form to email@example.com
Phoenix Academy, The Curve, London W12 0RQ
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.