Humanities Faculty Leader
Closing date: Tuesday 21st February 2017, 12 noon
(Geography Teacher) - April 2017 - Inner London Scale – MPS/UPS + TLR 2
Contract Type: permanent, full-time
Phoenix Academy, seeks a well-qualified and aspirational Faculty Leader able to teach Geography for a permanent post from April 2017. The Faculty Leader will be expected to manage Geography, History, French and Spanish, and to teach Geography at all key stages, including A level. You will lead a small team (four staff) and will be responsible for attainment, progress, behaviour and the quality of teaching within the Faculty.
As part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of five schools and a teacher training centre (SCITT); Phoenix Academy benefits from the Trust’s innovative subject specific curriculum and commitment to excellence in all areas of school life. Future Academies believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes and seeks candidates to support that vision.
The Aspirational School for West London
At Phoenix Academy, we are committed to giving young people the character, aspiration and academic success that will truly transform their lives. Achievement is paramount, good behaviour is a basic expectation and we are working towards consistently excellent teaching.
We are looking for someone who shares our beliefs that with the right teaching every student will reach their full potential and that schools serve their families and the local community as well as their pupils. Working with a highly effective and experienced senior and middle leadership team, this is an excellent opportunity to gain experience at a school with a clear strategy for the future.
We can offer you:
- A supportive, cohesive and very purposeful environment
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy pupils
- Excellent CPD in preparation for your next step
- The expertise and support of senior leadership and colleagues across the Future Academies Trust
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
- Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
You will be:
- An outstanding teacher, able to combine academic rigour and attainment with enjoyment of the subject, committed to achieving excellent results at GCSE and A level combined with excellent leadership skills
- Consistently delivering engaging lessons using innovative teaching and learning strategies informed by excellent pedagogy and effective classroom management
- Be able to demonstrate experience in assisting leadership and management, as well as have a track record of excellent organisation and team work
- Dedicated to making a difference to the lives of our pupils
- Committed to the wider school life and fully supportive of our ethos
To apply: please visit our website www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to download further information and an application form. Please email a letter of application outlining why you consider yourself suitable for the role and the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour of the school: We welcome interested candidates to visit Phoenix Academy to see first-hand our vision and ethos in action, and answer any questions you may have. Please email: email@example.com
Phoenix Academy, The Curve, London W12 0RQ
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.